Prenuptial Agreement Attorney in Columbia, SC
Learn How Prenups Work: (803) 994-8171
Premarital agreements are a mechanism used by individuals, particularly those coming to the marriage with significant assets, to save the parties money and time upon dissolution of their relationship. It can also be a useful tool for those who anticipate a lucrative career in the future.
Carrie A. Warner, Attorney at Law is an accomplished Columbia premarital agreement lawyer in Columbia, South Carolina. Our experienced legal team helps our clients draft legally binding agreements to prepare for marriage, clearly defining how the parties will treat their assets both during and upon dissolution of the marriage.
Interested in a premarital agreement? Call us at (803) 994-8171 to schedule a consult.
A Premarital Agreement Can Protect Assets and Preserve Family Harmony
A premarital agreement is entered into prior to the marriage. Individuals are more likely to enter into these agreements when they have significant assets and business interests they intend to keep separate from their new spouse, or if they have recently divorced their previous spouse and wish to avoid any protracted conflict and divorce proceedings that came from their previous divorce. Anyone can benefit from a prenup, however.
Prenuptial agreements can be useful for couples who want to:
- Clearly define their separate assets or those brought into the marriage
- Clearly define marital assets that will be divided between the parties at any separation
- Keep details of a divorce private and out of the public record
- Provide a clean breakup of the marriage, which allows for privacy
- Preserve both time and money that would otherwise be spent litigating issues in family court
To discuss your options for drafting and memorializing a prenuptial agreement, contact our team online or by calling (803) 994-8171 today.